Sunday, May 19, 2013

Lolita Blog Carnival: Things I used to think differently about when I first started Lolita vs. now

I am going to try and tackle this weeks Lolita Blog Carnival question. I have spent a lot of time thinking about this and I really don't know what to say. I have always liked Lolita like stuff even before the word Lolita was what it was called. I figure since my blog is about Lolita and Disney  and I have no idea what to say I will  write about how Lolita at Disney has changed in the past ten years. Ten years ago while Disney has always sold very nice stuff They sold next to nothing Lolita friendly. A lot has changed in the last ten years . Ten years ago you almost never saw a Lolita at Disney and if you did she was almost always from Japan. Ten years  Disney's high end  clothing store Trend d did not exist. I remember the day it opened they were selling selling copies of  that book called Fruits about Japanese fashion. I remember that for some girls  that book at that time it was as close a to Gothic and Lolita bible as they could get. Ten years ago Disney did not have princess makeup line for adults yet. Ten years ago Disney did not sell Lolita friendly stuff like Minnie mouse ear hoodies  for adults. Ten years ago Disney was  not trying out ideas like the Pirate Princess Parties and telling people of all ages to get dressed up. Ten years ago Disney had not made that new Alice in wonderland  movie yet. Ten years ago Disney parks  did not sell as much Alice in wonderland stuff as they do now. Ten years ago Disney did not have a new perfect for Lolita photos Fantasyland yet.   Ten years ago the only Lolita friendly stuff you would have found  in Epcot's Japan  would have been in the Sanrio section. Things have really changed for the better  in the last ten years.I now have friends who are castmembers telling me all of the time about Lolitas they have seen in the parks and I even see them sometimes myself in the parks.I thought I would end this with a few photos that show a little bit of the change at Disney.  The first two photos are postcards that were bought for me by a friend from japan at Epcot about two years ago . The third photo is of my my guide maps for the Pirate Princess parties. The forth photo is of the back of map close up.



I don't know how well I did answering this question,but hopefully my answer works. I know my answer is not perfectly in keeping with the question ,but hopefully next weeks question will be one I can better think of a answer for.
 545430_945698161629_573562109_n

Here is a list of links of the others girls who also answered this weeks question.

http://abc-lolita.blogspot.com/2013/05/lolitabloggercarousel34.html

http://lace-a-la-mode.blogspot.com/2013/05/things-i-used-to-think-differently.html

http://www.hellobatty.com/blog/2013/05/17/lolita-blog-carnival-things-i-used-to-think-differently-about-when-i-first-started-lolita-vs-now/

No comments:

Post a Comment